We are seeking an IT technician to support our HTS Group.
The candidate will join a consolidated team of scientists with top level experience in assay development, High Throughput Screening (HTS), compound management, and lab automation as well as IT experts who have developed and implemented a set of tools, database systems, and data analysis methodologies.
The candidate will join the Data Analysis/Compound Management unit and will be dedicated to supporting different IT requests from HTS scientists, working to enable more efficient workflows within our screening platform. Good communication skills are critical, for both collaboration with the scientists of the team as well as for interactions and discussions with our international clients.
Beside a broad range of knowledge and skills as detailed below, the ideal candidate will have a background in biochemical information technologies/sciences.
The successful candidate must have a high level of self-motivation, attention to detail, sense of responsibility, independence, and the ability to thrive in a goal and team-oriented setting.
- Development and maintenance of software applications and databases for the automation of the entire process of High Throughput Screening, with specific focus on the installation, maintenance, development and implementation of Axxam’s corporate database and specific analysis software dedicated to HTS data analysis and MedChem
- Full Stack development activities concerning our HTS server, database and user web interface
- Evaluation and eventual implementation of commercial software for platform improvements
- Evaluation of new specific IT requests enabling Hit Tailoring Solutions scientists’ workflows
- Maintaining contact with application specialists and technicians of all software houses used in HTS unit
- Support and consultancy to company IT Managers for general requests regarding Axxam IT infrastructures.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Information Technologies, Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of operative system Linux
- Knowledge of SQL language and relational database management (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, some experience with Java would be a plus
- Knowledge of web-app development frameworks would be welcome
- Advanced level in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point as user are a plus
- Strong communication skills, fast learner
- Fluent English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Italian is a benefit.
Axxam is an equal opportunity employer
Axxam offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send your complete application, including a brief description of your experience, a letter of motivation, your CV and a list of references to the address below or upload it at our on-line contact centre: http://www.axxam.com/careers/send resume. Please, add to your CV the following statement: "I hereby grant permission to use my personal data in accordance with the Italian Leg. Dec. 196/2003".
Openzone - Via Meucci 3, 20091 Bresso (Milano, Italy)Fax +39 02 2105602 – www.axxam.com