About Villa d’Este
A Hotel since 1873, Villa d’Este is located in Cernobbio, on Lake Como. Amongst the finest expressions of mid-sixteenth-century architecture, it is surrounded by a private 10-hectar park with centennial plants and fascinating work of arts. Infused with Italian heritage, it is a symbol of timeless luxury and eternal elegance.
Villa d’Este offers 152 rooms and suites, four private Villas, three restaurants, two bars, a floating pool on the lake, a Beauty Center and a Sporting Club with indoor pool, fitness center, sauna and Turkish bath, fitness trails, 8 tennis courts, and a curated selection of activities and experiences to savour the magic of the lake and its sourroundings.
As a Chef de Rang you will be responsible to deliver exceptional service and a memorable experience to all our Guests demonstrating passion, knowledge and care.
Our ideal candidate has food service experience in the same position in luxury hotels or restaurants, has an eye for detail and is motivated about delivering service excellence with an authentic and personal touch.
In this Role You Will…
- Ensure a flawless and timely service in your department section following the service standards and respecting departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of menus, chef's specials and food and beverage items
- Display the highest level of knowledge and professionalism in all interactions with our guest
- Assist guests with requests by demonstrating good knowledge about our room product, services and experiences
- Anticipate and address guest needs by showing an authentic interest in preferences to ensure a personalized approach
- Address and handle guests’ complaints with empathy and understanding and ensure a timely resolution
- Maintain an efficient coordination with all team members to ensure the highest level of service in your department section
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in luxury hotels or restaurant industry in a similar role
- Fine dining and international experience will be considered an advantage for the positions in our Veranda fine dining restaurant
- Elegant presentation and a service excellence attitude
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Knowledge of service and kitchen procedures
- Knowledge of systems (Micros, Open Table) and quality industry standards (LQA, Forbes)
- Good spoken Italian and English
- Legal right to work in Italy
Our Benefits for You
- Canteen service by Villa d’Este culinary team
- Uniform and laundry service
- Accommodation in our employee quarters
- Employee rates in Villa d’Este Group Hotels, Gift Shop and F&B and Spa experiences
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee engagement and recognition events and activities