About Villa d’Este
A Hotel since 1873, Villa d’Este is located in Cernobbio, on Lake Como. Amongst the finest expressions of mid-sixteenth-century architecture, it is surrounded by a private 10-hectar park with centennial plants and fascinating work of arts. Infused with Italian heritage, it is a symbol of timeless luxury and eternal elegance.
Villa d’Este offers 152 rooms and suites, four private Villas, three restaurants, two bars, a floating pool on the lake, a Beauty Center and a Sporting Club with indoor pool, fitness center, sauna and Turkish bath, fitness trails, 8 tennis courts, and a curated selection of activities and experiences to savour the magic of the lake and its sourroundings.
As a Commis de Rang you will contribute to exceptional service and a memorable dining experience for all our Guests demonstrating passion, knowledge and care.
Our ideal candidate has food service experience in the same position in luxury hotels or restaurants, has an eye for detail and is motivated about delivering service excellence as a team.
In this Role You Will…
- Support the Chef de Rang in ensuring a flawless and timely service in your department section following the service standards and respecting departments policies and procedures
- Display the highest level of professionalism in all interactions with our guest
- Ensure all equipment, crockery, cutlery and glassware is consistently maintained to the highest standard
- Anticipate and address guest needs by showing an authentic interest in preferences to ensure a personalised approach
- Display the highest level of professionalism and create a sense of welcoming for all our guests
- Maintain an efficient coordination with all team members to ensure the highest level of service in your department section
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in luxury hotels or restaurant industry in a similar role
- Fine dining and international experience will be considered a plus for the positions in our Veranda fine dining restaurant
- Attention to detail, elegant presentation and a service excellence attitude
- Knowledge of service and kitchen procedures
- Knowledge of quality industry standards (LQA, Forbes)
- Good spoken Italian and English
- Legal right to work in Italy
Our Benefits for You
- Canteen service by Villa d’Este culinary team
- Uniform and laundry service
- Accommodation in our employees quarters
- Employee rates in Villa d’Este Group Hotels, Gift Shop and F&B and Spa experiences
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee engagement and recognition events and activities