About Villa d’Este
A Hotel since 1873, Villa d’Este is located in Cernobbio, on Lake Como. Amongst the finest expressions of mid-sixteenth-century architecture, it is surrounded by a private 10-hectar park with centennial plants and fascinating work of arts. Infused with Italian heritage, it is a symbol of timeless luxury and eternal elegance.
Villa d’Este offers 152 rooms and suites, four private Villas, three restaurants, two bars, a floating pool on the lake, a Beauty Center and a Sporting Club with indoor pool, fitness center, sauna and Turkish bath, fitness trails, 8 tennis courts, and a curated selection of activities and experiences to savour the magic of the lake and its sourroundings.
As an In Room Dining Waiter you will be contributing to an elevated In-Room Dining experience for our guests, demonstrating passion, knowledge and care.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about delivering service excellence, has an eye for detail and is able to assign priorities and address guests complaints independently and with good judgement.
In this Role You Will…
- Assist our guests with in-room dining orders demonstrating excellent knowledge of all food and beverage items
- Ensure a smooth and timely in-room service with an eye for detail, empathy and a personal touch
- Address guests enquiries demonstrating knowledge of hotel services, features and experiences
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned service areas
- Anticipate and address guest needs by showing an authentic interest in preferences to ensure a personalized approach
- Address and handle guests’ complaints with empathy and understanding and ensure a timely resolution
- Maintain an efficient coordination with all team members to ensure the highest level of service in your department section
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in luxury hotels or restaurant industry in a similar role
- Elegant presentation and a service excellence attitude
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- Knowledge of In-Room Dining service procedures
- Knowledge of systems (Micros) and quality industry standards (LQA, Forbes)
- Good spoken Italian and English
- Legal right to work in Italy
Our Benefits for You
- Canteen service by Villa d’Este culinary team
- Uniform and laundry service
- Accommodation in our employees’ quarters
- Employee rates in Villa d’Este Group Hotels, Gift Shop and F&B and Spa experiences
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee engagement and recognition events and activities